Mutton : 1 KG Mutton…. About 10 pieces
Red Chillies whole : About 15-20
Garlic : 100 gms (paste… prefer making one rather than using packaged version)
Ginger : 50-80 gms (paste… prefer making one rather than using packaged version)
Red Chilly powder : 5-7 tea spoons
Green Coriander : for garnish
Yogurt : 200 gms
Onions : 10 medium size
Veg Oil / Ghee : Abt 250-300 gms
Cardamom powder : Abt 1 tea spoon.
Tez Patta+ Cinnamon sticks+Badi Elaichi : as per taste ( abt 5 cardamons split and ½ open + three to four medium sized cinnamon sticks)
1. Take half Oil and mix the chilly powder and half quantity of Ginger and garlic paste… mix well and do the marination of Mutton and keep it for about 2 hours
2. Boil paste of Red chillies and onion+balance of Ginger+garlic fr abt 10 mins with little oil and 100-150 gms of water.
3. Take marinated mutton and bhuno fry in the balance of oil fr abt 5-7 mins in medium flame along with Tez patta, Cinnamon sticks and Badi Elaichi.
4. Add Chilly+Onion paste in mutton and slow cook fr abt 10 mins
5. Churn yogurt nicely and slowly mix and blend..
6. Cook for more 10-12 mins in min 1heat… remember to cover the pan when cooking… Keep stirring occasionally
7. Add Cardamom powder… Check if the meat is tender… if not repeat the low heat covered cooking for a set of 5 mins.
Ensure that garnish is only done when serving and not immediately after its cooked… Use your imagination to decorate the serving.
(Picture Courtesy Sharmin FromAssam)